" We will be closed Monday September 1st in honor of Labor Day! We will reopen on Tuesday September 2nd. If you have an emergency, please call 911. Have a safe Holiday!!!!
Welcome to Piedmont Support Services of North Carolina home page. We truly hope that the site will be useful to all of our visitors who share the same vision of building “Healthy Families and Communities”.
We are located in downtown Winston Salem at 520 North Spring Street. You can reach us by phone(336) 776-0322 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Piedmont Support Services of NC is a community agency that services Winston-Salem and surrounding counties. The agency’s focus is to support and empower families and individuals in need of advocacy and quality support services stemming from crises. We believe that being able to do this takes a strong partnering with the judicial system, mental providers, law enforcement and those that in the community.
"There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled or understood, it will break out in war and madness"--Gerard Vanderhaar
Agency Services Include:
- Offender Programs, Domestic Violence (COOL PROGRAM) Is a psych-educational program approved by the NC Department of Administration for those who have either been ordered by the judicial system or would like to come in on a basis. There are various group times and days to allow options for those who work, go to school or who are the main of their families. Clients should bring their certified or uncertified with a copy of the judgment if available.
- · Anger Management for Adults: Mandatory court or for Personal Growth
- · Victim Advocacy: Services for adults, young people and agency referrals.
- Substance Abuse: Group and or Individual
- Children affected by violence or sexual assault
treatment is offered by a trained therapist to treat emotional distress and
mental illness. Services are
offered for children adolescent and adults. Mental health services that are provided at PSS are:
Individual outpatient mental
health and or substance abuse of addiction of any kind.
Group therapy, family
therapy, and couples therapy.
are various psychotherapeutic approaches that are effective and will be used
Child /Parent Relationship Therapy
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Eye Movement Desensitization
and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Monday, Tuesday Thursday 9:AM-7:30 PM
Wednesday 9:AM- 3PM (Walk in day for all programs for assessments)
Saturday 10am-1pm (By appointment)
*Groups are included in these times. If you are calling for an assessment, it is suggested that you call to set aside a specific time to allow to fill out paper work, usually 45 minutes*
Methods of payment
We accept: Cash, Credit Cards for Psyco-educational classes
We accept: Blue Cross Blue Shield, Tri-Care and Medicaid for Mental Health Services