Community Intervention & Educational Services appreciates the opportunity to partner with local colleges and universities to enhance student learning through hands-on experience with our organization and programs.
Please review the information below about our current internship opportunities.
Benefits of an Internship at Community Intervention & Educational Services
Community Intervention & Educational Services invests heavily in developing the leadership and professional skills of our interns. Below are some benefits past interns have identified:
- Gain valuable knowledge about the process and structure of a non-profit
- Obtain management experience
- Enhance communication, critical thinking, organizational, and leadership skills
- Use your skills and talents to address relevant and critical social justice issues
- Interact directly with marginalized population through service
To be considered for an internship with us, you must:
- Be enrolled in (or graduated from) college. A Bachelor’s and Masters degree is preferred but an Associate’s degree is fine.
- Understand that internships are part-time, unpaid positions. We strongly encourage and are happy to assist you in securing internship credit at your school.
- Work a minimum of 10 hours per week which must include at least 3 hours a day, two days a week. Semester-long internships are accepted. However, a yearlong commitment is preferred but not required.
- Have an interest in criminal justice, youth development, and//or nonprofits.
- Possess effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Interns must be able to communicate with youth, peers, and adults.
- Be a quick learner with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and organization.
- Be technologically savvy. Interns must be literate and fluent in the operation of Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Demonstrate professional and personal maturity. Interns must be good at setting boundaries and use sound judgment.
- Be able and comfortable solving problems independently and creatively.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Desire and be able to be part of a team.
We generally need interns who are flexible to be available on Tuesday and Thursday evenings as well as two Saturday’s out of the month.